|Washoe County Assessor|
Michael E. Clark is the Assessor of Washoe County, home of the beautiful Lake Tahoe and the friendly, vibrant communities of Reno and Sparks. His jurisdiction includes roughly 171,400 parcels covering 6,600 square miles with the majority of those parcels located in the Reno/Sparks metropolitan area. Washoe County has an assessed value of $11.3 billion for FY 2013/2014, down from a high several years ago of $17.1 billion, and property is assessed at 35% of its taxable value. Michael was elected to the office of County Assessor in 2014.
The office goals for next year include:
- Convert all hand drawn sketches to a digital format.
- Increase utilization of Pictometry oblique photography.
- Create a searchable web page for the unsecured roll.
|Assessor Mission Statement|
|The mission of the Washoe County Assessor’s Office is to provide excellent public service through complete, accurate, and timely assessments of all property subject to taxation.|
|To be the most technologically advanced, transparent, and user-friendly Assessor's Office in the United States.|
|GENERAL INFORMATION||(775) 328-2200|
|REAL PROPERTY INFORMATION||(775) 328-2277|
|REAL PROPERTY APPRAISAL||(775) 328-2233|
|MOBILE HOMES||(775) 328-2213|
|BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY||(775) 328-2213|
|Administration||Joshua Wilson||Chief Deputy Assessor||328-2203|
|Appraisal||Ron Sauer||Chief Appraiser||328-2263|
|Data Management||Ivy Diezel||Support Analyst||328-2273|
|Mapping-GIS||Carol Buonanoma||Mapping Supervisor||328-2231|
|Personal Property||Mark Stafford||Senior Appraiser||328-2213|
|Public Service||Lora Zimmer||Principal Account Clerk||328-2223|
|Real Estate/Records||Lora Zimmer||Principal Account Clerk||328-2223|
Functions of the Department
Functions of Washoe County Assessor include the following:
- Discover, List and Value all property, both real & personal, subject to taxation within Washoe County
- The Real Property roll includes approximately 171,400 parcels that are reappraised annually.
- The Personal Property roll includes approximately 30,000 commercial, mobile home and aircraft accounts.
- Develop and maintain parcel maps reflecting all parcels and subdivisions in Washoe County, for assessment purposes only.
- Create and maintain files for all property for assessment purposes in both digital format (computer) and hard copy.
- Sign up all qualifying Washoe County citizens for veterans and widows exemptions on real property and personal property.