The applications and handouts you need
The applications and handouts you need
County Home => Building and Safety => Applications, Forms & Handouts

 Applications, Forms & Handouts

Important: Only a Nevada Licensed contractor may obtain a building permit for any commercial construction or multi-family residential construction per NRS 624.031

If you are a licensed Nevada contractor and want an employee, other than a listed officer of the corporation, to pick-up and sign for a permit on your behalf our Contractor Authorization Form must be completed, signed and returned to our office prior to any permits being released.


These forms can be filled out online & printed, and are required to be submitted with your plans, or in the case of utility and reroof permits, faxed or e-mailed to us for processing.
If your property/project is on septic system you will also need to fill out the Health Septic Application.

Business License Inspection Permit Application

Commercial Permit Application
Demolition Permit Application
Environmental Health Septic Permit Application
Grading Application
Pool Permit Application
Reinspection/Special Inspection Application
Residential Permit Application
Reroof Permit Application
Sign Application
Utility Permit Application *













*Please note that this application has been updated with a Code Update Page.  Please read completely prior to submitting your application

COMcheck and REScheck
Active Architectural Committees Requirements
Authorization to Act as Agent Form
Contractor Authorization Form
Energy Inspection Form
2009 IECC Prescriptive Form
Foam Insulation Form
Owner/Builder Affidavit
Release Form for Copies of Records
Special Inspection Form
Structural Observation Agreement












Approved Truss Manufacturers

Commercial Tenant Improvement

Decks & Awnings

Detached Garage and Sheds
Fences & Retaining Walls
Manufactured Buildings
Minimum Requirements for a Certificate of Occupancy
Photovoltaic Solar Generation Systems
Pole Barns
Residential Pool & Spa Guide Lines
Single Family Residence
Washoe County 2012 IRC Warning Sheet
Wildland Urban Interface Code Guide
Wind Generation Systems












If you are unsure as to whether your property is located within the County or within the sphere of influence of either the City of Reno or Sparks, please contact the Washoe County Community Development Department at 328-6100
Most of the files are in a PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files
Get Current Adobe Reader
If you have any problems or concerns
regarding the Building & Safety web-site,
please contact

2013 Washoe County
Department of Building & Safety
All rights reserved