Poppies spring up around the Truckee Meadows
Poppies spring up around the Truckee Meadows

Business License
Temporary Events


Special Event Application
Community Event Application
Outdoor Festival Application

Film Permits

Procession Permit Agency List

Mail your completed application to:
Washoe County Business License
PO Box 11130
Reno, NV  89520


Apply in person at:
Washoe County Business License Counter
1001 E. Ninth Street, Building A, 2nd Floor
Reno, NV  89512
  2 blocks north of I-80, Wells Avenue exit
  1 block south of Livestock Events Center
  (Nevada State Fairgrounds)


Special Event licenses are issued for events with fewer than 100 attendees per day unless located in a Washoe County park.

Community Event licenses are issued for events with 100 to 999 attendees per day.

Outdoor Festival licenses are issued for events with 1000 or more attendees per day.

Film Permits are coordinated between local jurisdictions and
the Nevada Film Office.  You will also need to contact  
the Nevada Film Office at 775.687.9900.   You can visit their website at www.nevadafilm.com.

Procession Permits are no longer being issued in this department.  Please click on the procession permit agency list link for the list of agencies you need to check with for your event.

Washoe County Code (WCC):

Chapter 25 - Business Licenses, Permits and Regulations

 Washoe County Business License Contact:

Karin Kremers, Business License
Phone:  775.328.3733 -- Fax: 775.328.6133
Email:  BusinessLicense@washoecounty.us
Community Services Department
Planning and Development Division