Air Quality Management Governing Board
The Washoe County Health District is governed by the District Board of Health, a seven-member policy-making board comprised of representatives from Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County. The Reno City Council, Sparks City Council and Washoe County Board of Commissioners each appoint two members. These six members appoint the seventh member, who must be a physician licensed to practice medicine in Nevada.
The Board of Health has adopted six public health priorities, which serve as a guide for the Health District and the Board of Health as they make the policy decisions affecting our community:
- Support healthy lifestyle choices that minimize chronic diseases and increase quality and years of healthy life.
- Continue to reduce the occurrence of communicable diseases.
- Achieve optimal air quality.
- Ensure reliable water supply: quantity and safe quality.
- Maintain the integrity of public health systems in an "all hazards" events (natural or human caused disasters).
- Assure mandates are met and needed services are delivered.
For more information on Air Quality Management Division activities, read the monthly Director's Report.