Family Planning Clinic
Family Planning program
1001 East Ninth Street, Building B
Reno, NV 89512
- Location and Hours
- What we do
- Cost of services
- What to expect at your Family Planning clinic visit
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Family Planning program
- HIPAA & Online forms
- Related programs and resource information links
- Contact Us
- Vasectomy Services
Please call 328-2470 to schedule an appointment.
Location and Hours
|Day of Week||Clinic Hours||Phone Hours|
|Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month||3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Program Supervisor is Stacy Hardie and you can email her or call her at 328-6144
What we do
- Birth control counseling with most kinds of birth control available
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Sexually Transmitted Disease testing and counseling (with treatment as needed)
- HIV testing and counseling
- Testing and treatment of vaginal and bladder infections
- Counseling regarding women's health (referrals as needed)
- Vasectomy Services (available to low income men as funding is available)
Your health care at the Washoe County Health District's Family Planning program is voluntary and confidential. This means that you are here because you have chosen to come here. It also means that no information will be given out about you without your written permission except as required by law or to provide services to you in compliance with Federal Privacy and Security Standards.
Please note that because of Nevada Law:
- We must report Statutory Sexual Seduction. This means that if you are 15 years of age or younger and are having sex with someone 18 years of age or older and you tell us, we must report it to law enforcement.
- We must report lewdness (sex) with a child under the age of 14. This means that if you are under the age of 14 and having sex we will have to report this to Child Protective Services.
- We must report Child Abuse and Neglect. This means that if we have cause to believe that there is any kind of of abuse or neglect of a minor occurring, we must report it to law enforcement.
- We must report some types of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): Some types of STDs and testing will be reported (not your name) for statistical information. In some cases, a clinic nurse may call and ask you to provide information about people with whom you had sex in order to provide them with testing and treatment to limit the spread of STDs.
Cost of services
General information about fees:
- Collecting money for clinic services is important to keeping our clinic running.
- We ask that you pay all or part of your bill at each clinic visit.
- Donations are always accepted.
- Fees are based on your income, so staff will be asking for this information.
- We do bill some insurance plans.
- We accept some types of Medicaid. Please tell us about your Medicaid when scheduling an appointment.
Low cost services:
- Our services are for individuals that don't have a lot of money.
- We provide quality care while keeping the cost for services low.
- Medications and methods will be provided at your visit to decrease barriers to care.
Fees by age:
17 years of age or younger:
- The cost of of your visit to the clinic is based on your income.
- If you are working full-time there will be a fee for your visit; however, you can make payments (you don't have to pay it in full the day of your visit).
- If you are not working, or are working part-time, in most cases you won't receive a bill.
- If your family is aware, the fees may be based on household income and insurance plans may be billed.
- Fees and donations help us to keep our clinic running.
18 years of age and older:
- The cost of the visit is based on your household income (or the amount of money earned by everyone in your household). Depending on your household income you may receive a discount in fees.
- If someone is supporting you (family, boyfriend, husband or wife) we ask for household income and proof of that income (paycheck stubs, W-2 form, Income Tax Returns or verification letters and WMC referrals).
- The average cost of a new visit is $60 and $50 for an annual exam.
- Fees and donations help us to keep our clinic running.
What to Expect
- All services provided at the Family Planning clinic are provided by Advanced Practitioners of Nursing and are confidential.
- You will be completing paperwork and you may receive an exam.
- Routine exams include height, weight, blood pressure, hemoglobin (iron test), breast exam and a Pap smear (in some cases) and a review of your current or new client information and information on birth control choices.
- If you have a normal postpartum check-up within three months of your appointment at our clinic you may not need another exam. You will need to bring two things with you to your first appointment at our clinic:
- a copy of your six week postpartum exam and
- a copy of your Pap Smear results from the Physician or clinic where you received your exam.
- If you have not received your postpartum check-up or if it has been more than 3 months, an exam will be necessary at the time of your visit to our program.
Birth control methods available.
- Birth control pills (The Pill)
- The "Minipill"
- Emergency contraception pill
- Depo-Provera (The Shot)
- ParaGard IUD
- Mirena IUD
- Natural family planning (Rhythm method)
- Condoms and foam
- Spermicidal gels and suppositories
Related programs and resource information links:
Reno, Sparks and Washoe County Community Resource List
Affordable primary care medical services:
Financial assistance for breast and cervical exams; The Women's Health Connection
- Questions and answers regarding relationships, body functions, etc.
- STD information
- HIV information
- Journals. publications, statistics, and education on family planning and adolescent sexual issues at the Alan Guttmacher Institute
- General Medical Information