- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Annual CD Summary Reports
- Communicable Disease Prevention Program
- Disease Reporting
- Hepatitis C Surveillance
- Illness, Injury, & Safety Information
- Infectious Diseases in Childcare Settings and Schools Manual
- Influenza Surveillance, Prevention & Control
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program
Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease Epi NEWS 2014
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease Fact Sheet (Spanish version)
- Open Resources on Infectious Diseases
- Viral Gastroenteritis Outbreak Guidelines for Community Living Facilities
- CDC Disease and Conditions Fact Sheets
MISSION: Develop and integrate public health data available to the Washoe County District Health Department to better support the core functions of public health: assessment, policy development and assurance.
· Quantification of Disease and Injury Burden in Our Community
Through use of all available data sources within and outside the Health Department, we will continually monitor morbidity and mortality for infectious, chronic and environmental disease and injury. By evaluating the relative importance, susceptible populations, and temporal trends of these health problems, using data obtained preferentially from our community, we aim to better understand and establish priorities for action and research.
· Development, Prioritization and Evaluation of Programs and Policy
By using objective and systematic methods (evidence-based) integrated with the realities of the Health Department and broader environments we will inform the Health Department on the effectiveness of current and future approaches to improving the publics' health.
· Public Health Preparedness and Response
Through education, surveillance and emergency response capability for public health emergencies, be they naturally occurring or clandestine, we aim to support the Health Department in successfully responding to any and all situations.
· Health Department Data and Epidemiological Resource
Through our knowledge of, familiarity with and accessibility to local community health data, we aim to provide a service to all internal customers in the Health Department of assistance with data collection, analysis and interpretation. We also aim to provide a service to external customers (e.g. public or private agencies, for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, and the general public) to provide relevant data and analysis to assist them in their endeavors.