Public Education and Outreach
The Vector-Borne Disease Prevention Program staff offers training and presentations to a wide variety of groups, including service organizations, homeowners` associations, clubs and schools. The information presented is adapted to the particular interests and needs of the group.
Talks given in the past include:
- Insects and the Diseases They Transmit
- West Nile and Other Mosquito-Borne Viruses
- Plague Prevention
- Hantavirus Prevention
- Mosquito Biology
- Tick-Borne Diseases & Prevention
- Vector-Borne Disease Program Services
- Anthrax - The Risk to Humans
- Rabies and Domestic Animal Bites
The program also provides informational brochures about vector-borne diseases and their prevention. Staff are available to set up information tables at public events.
Call 785-4599 for additional information.