Another beautiful day in the Truckee Meadows!
Another beautiful day in the Truckee Meadows!

You Denied My Request For The 3% (Or Higher) Tax Cap, How Do I Appeal Your Decision?
The Assessor`s Office has created a form for you to fill out to appeal the decision made on the tax cap applied to your property. You can obtain that form by calling, writing or coming in to the Assessor`s Office and asking for the Partial Abatement, "tax cap", appeal form. It is also available on their web site:

Jump to Appeal Form Link

Beginning with the 2009/2010 fiscal year the deadline to appeal is June 30th. So for the 2010/2011 fiscal year appeals must be filed by June 30, 2011. Prior to 2009/2010 the deadline to appeal was January 15th, so for the 2008/2009 fiscal year the appeal deadline was January 15, 2009.

The Assessor has 30 days to respond to your appeal.