For Immediate Release
Reno, Nevada. June 24, 2013. Washoe County’s Lazy 5 Regional Park in Spanish Springs continues the ninth annual free Wednesday evening concert series June 26 featuring the Blarney Band. Due to exceptional support from the community, this summer’s series has been expanded to 12 concerts and will close out August 28 with a special performance by the Bystanders with Katy Simon.
All concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday evenings at the Lazy 5 Regional Park at 7100 Pyramid Way. Patrons can enjoy a free hamburger or hot dog courtesy of the series’ sponsor, Summit Christian Church, and raffle prizes will be offered during every show. For ticket information, call (775) 823-6500.
Lazy 5 Concert line-up:
- June 26: An evening of Traditional Irish Music with Blarney
- July 3: A Tribute to Cheap Trick by Cheap Lick
- July 10: Classic Rock with Paisley Braincells
- July 17: Western Ragtime by CW & Mr. Spoons
- July 24: Blues and R&B with Guitar Woody & The Boilers
- July 31: Bluegrass, Folk, & Cowboy with The Mountain Girls
- August 7: Alternative Country by The Refiners
- August 14: Americana, Blues & Boogie with Colin Ross Band
- August 21: Celtic, Bluegrass & Contemporary by Contraband
- August 28: The Bystanders with Katy Simon
Bowers Mansion “Programs on the Porch”
The final performance is 7 p.m. Friday, June 28 at the Bowers Mansion. Washoe County Parks Ranger Jerry Buzzard hosts the program, which is free with donations accepted. The final presentation features the Blarney Band with father and son Keith and Dan Shannon. For more information, visit the Programs on the Porch schedule.
Bowers Mansion Regional Park is at 4005 US Highway 395 North, Carson City, NV 89704 (21 miles south of Reno on old US 395). For more information, call (775) 849-0201 or visit www.washoecounty.us/parks.