Another beautiful day in the Truckee Meadows!
Another beautiful day in the Truckee Meadows!
County Home => Juvenile Services => Services Provided => Juvenile Traffic Court



Traffic offenses can include autos, motorcycles, scooters/mopeds, bicycles, off road vehicles, and watercraft. Minors are required to appear in Juvenile Traffic Court and must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. These informal proceedings are presided over by a Juvenile Traffic Master, who may impose sanctions after discussing the circumstances with the minor and parent/legal guardian.


  • Suspension or delay of Driver's License
  • Demerits
  • Fines
  • Juvenile Traffic School
  • Educational assignments focusing on the dangers associated with operating or riding in or on a motorized vehicle unsafely.

Any juvenile wishing to dispute the citation/arrest may request a trial.

ALL DUIs, Gross Misdemeanors and Felony Traffic violations are handled by Juvenile Probationary Services. 

In Nevada, you must obtain a Nevada Drivers License to operate any motorized vehicle on any public road. This includes mopeds, scooters and motorcycles. For teenagers under 18, you must first obtain an Instructional Permit and are required to follow specific guidelines in order to apply for your Driver's License. Further information regarding laws relating to bicycles, motorized vehicles, graduated driver's license, registration and insurance can be obtained through the Department of Motor Vehicles web site at WWW.DMVNV.COM.